- 6 medium beets
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup plain 2% Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 shallot, minced
- 6 ears shucked corn
- 6 cups packed fresh spinach
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 6 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- calories 456
- fat 21.9 g
- satfat 6.5 g
- monofat 10.5 g
- polyfat 3.6 g
- protein 35.1 g
- carbohydrate 33.5 g
- fiber 7.4 g
- cholesterol 78 mg
- iron 4.9 mg
- sodium 614 mg
- calcium 175 mg
How to Make It
Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour or until tender. Drain. Cool beets slightly. Trim off beet roots and stems; rub off skins. Chop beets.
While beets cook, place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a small heavy skillet. Combine yogurt and Sriracha in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Combine 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and next 3 ingredients (through shallot) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
Place chicken on grill rack; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Cut chicken into 1-inch strips.
Brush remaining 1 tablespoon oil over corn; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill 10 minutes or until lightly charred, turning corn occasionally. Cool. Cut kernels from ears of corn.
Place 1 cup spinach on each of 6 plates; top each serving with 3 ounces chicken, 1/3 cup beets, 1/3 cup corn, 1 cheese slice, and 1 tablespoon pecans. Drizzle 1 tablespoon dressing over each salad.