This is a great recipe- really easy to make and smells wonderful.
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 2 lb.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, diced
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet; add bell pepper and onion, and cook, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to skillet.
- 3. Whisk together broth and next 2 ingredients, and pour over chicken. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
For an easy side, prepare frozen mashed sweet potatoes according to package directions. Stir in chopped fresh sage, butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This