It was okay. Won't make it again.
Chicken Cutlets with Pecan Sauce
Easy side: Cook 1 (11-oz.) package frozen steam-in-bag baby mixed vegetables according to package directions. Toss with 1 tsp. freshly ground garlic-pepper seasoning. We tested with Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Market Blend and McCormick seasoning.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Heat pecans and 2 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Remove from skillet.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour.
- 3. Cook chicken in hot oil in skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with pecans.
- 4. Add chicken broth to skillet, and cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Add brown sugar, vinegar, and thyme, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is melted and sauce is slightly thickened. Whisk in remaining 2 Tbsp. butter. Serve sauce over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes