Chicken Curry in a Hurry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) white rice
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1/2 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 - 14.5 oz can(s) diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat sliced or shredded
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the yogurt and cream and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, and tomatoes (if desired). Remove from heat.
- Divide the rice and chicken among individual bowls, spoon the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the cilantro.
- Nutritional Information
- Per Serving
- Calories 363Calories From Fat 198
- Fat 22g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 126mg
- Sodium 262mg
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 67mg
- Real Simple, May 2007
This recipe is a personal recipe added by acrane and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Curry in a Hurry Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes