It was extremely bland. I even tried the suggestions from other reviewers- add garlic, use coconut milk, etc. Smelled wonderful, tasted like nothing at all. Took a couple of bites and tossed it. Will not make again.
Photo: Sang An
More From Real Simple
Other: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 591
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Fat: 46g
- Saturated fat: 22g
- Cholesterol: 188mg
- Sodium: 860mg
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 34g
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) almonds, roughly chopped
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Cut it into 1-inch pieces and place in a bowl. Sprinkle it with the curry and cinnamon, toss, and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and zucchini and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Add the broth, cream, salt, and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer. Return the onion and zucchini to the skillet and heat until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
Divide the rice among individual bowls, top with the curry, and sprinkle with the basil and almonds.
Tip: You can vary the ingredients depending on what you have on hand. Consider substituting coconut milk for the cream, eggplant for the zucchini, cilantro for the basil, or cashews for the almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note