I have made these many times and they are great. It does take a little while to chop everything up and assemble them, but everyone always loves them and they are all gone by the end of the party.
- 2 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup peeled, seeded, diced cucumber
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 84 white or wheat sandwich bread slices (about 4 loaves)
- Minced fresh parsley (optional)
- Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise. Stir in chicken and next 7 ingredients. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Cut bread slices with assorted 2 1/2-inch cutters, reserving trimmings for other uses. Spread half of bread shapes with chicken mixture; top each with a matching bread shape. Roll sandwich edges in parsley, if desired.
- Note: To make finger sandwiches, cut crusts from 42 bread slices (about 2 loaves). Spread half of slices with filling; top with remaining bread slices. Cut each sandwich into 4 equal strips. Roll edges in parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note