- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash red pepper
- 4 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Melt butter in a large, heavy saucepan over low heat; add onion, and cook until tender. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in mustard, salt, pepper, and chicken. Add egg yolks. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and chill mixture thoroughly. Stir in sherry.
- Shape mixture into croquettes, and roll in cracker crumbs. Deep fry croquettes in hot oil (375°) until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers