- 8 large red bell peppers, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Israeli couscous
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey, divided
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1.5 ounces crumbled goat cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 4 cups baby arugula
- calories 370
- fat 13.1 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 6.5 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 25 g
- carbohydrate 38 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 59 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 565 mg
- calcium 102 mg
How to Make It
Place oven rack in top third of oven. Preheat broiler to high.
Line a jelly-roll pan with foil. Cut off top third of each pepper (with stem); reserve 4 pepper tops. Remove seeds and membranes from peppers; discard. Arrange peppers on their sides on prepared pan; coat with cooking spray. Broil 8 minutes or until charred, turning after 4 minutes. Place 4 peppers, cut sides up, in an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish. Wrap remaining 4 peppers in foil. Let stand 10 minutes; peel and discard skins. Reserve 4 peeled peppers.
Combine couscous, parsley, mint, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon juice, 1/2 teaspoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cumin, crushed red pepper, and chicken in a medium bowl. Stir in goat cheese. Spoon 3/4 cup chicken mixture into each pepper in dish. Top peppers with reserved 4 pepper tops. Broil 3 minutes.
Combine remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1 tablespoon juice, remaining 1/2 teaspoon honey, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add arugula; toss. Serve with stuffed peppers.