Good, quick and easy.
Chicken, Corn, and Tomato Pasta Salad
A refreshing option for dinner on a hot summer night. Prep and Cook Time: about 30 minutes. Notes: Ingredients can be prepped and pasta cooked a day ahead of time and chilled (add 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil to the cooked pasta). Toss everything together just before serving.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 400
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 681mg
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- About 1 tsp. salt
- About 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (sliced from 2 ears of corn)
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced, rinsed, and thoroughly dried (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (light and dark meat)
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender to the bite, 9 to 12 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse thoroughly under cold water until completely cool (see Notes).
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, sour cream, lemon zest and juice, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss together pasta, corn, red onion, chicken, tomatoes, and basil. Add ricotta-lemon dressing to pasta mixture and stir to evenly coat pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note