- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- About 1 tsp. salt
- About 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (sliced from 2 ears of corn)
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced, rinsed, and thoroughly dried (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (light and dark meat)
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- calories 400
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- protein 30 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 6.1 g
- carbohydrate 43 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- sodium 681 mg
- cholesterol 74 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender to the bite, 9 to 12 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse thoroughly under cold water until completely cool (see Notes).
In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, sour cream, lemon zest and juice, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together pasta, corn, red onion, chicken, tomatoes, and basil. Add ricotta-lemon dressing to pasta mixture and stir to evenly coat pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 1/2-cup serving.