This was super easy and fast to make!! My husband loved it and we had plenty for leftovers. Definitely will make this again and worthy of adding into our winter dinner rotation.
Chicken Corn Chowder
Corn kernels pureed with milk create the rich, smooth texture of this classic chicken corn chowder. A tossed salad makes a perfect pairing for this easy meal.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 394
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 35.5g
- Carbohydrate: 40.7g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 534mg
- Calcium: 293mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 green onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed and divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove green tops from green onions. Chop green onion tops; set aside. Thinly slice white portion of each onion. Add sliced onions to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in chicken, salt, pepper, 1 package of corn, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- While mixture simmers, combine the remaining corn and milk in a blender; process until smooth. Add milk mixture to pan; simmer 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Ladle 2 cups chowder into each of 4 soup bowls; sprinkle evenly with green onion tops. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes