- 5 slices bacon
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can (14 3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon Spice Islands® Fine Grind
- Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make It
COOK bacon in a large pot over medium heat until browned and crisp; drain on paper towels and crumble when cool enough to handle. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings.
SAUTÉ chicken, onion, bell pepper and garlic in hot bacon drippings; cook 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and onion begins to soften. Add chicken broth, frozen corn and cream-style corn. Combine corn starch with milk and stir into soup.
HEAT to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add salt, pepper and cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
LADLE soup into bowls; sprinkle bacon over individual servings.