- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen shoepeg white corn
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary or thyme
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
Add chicken broth and next 9 ingredients; simmer 10 minutes or until orzo is tender.
Stir together milk and flour in a small bowl; gradually stir into chowder, and simmer 5 minutes.