Chicken Cordon Bleu
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 5 teaspoon(s) butter, melted
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 4 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thin slice(s) prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup(s) (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Place broth in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 15 seconds or until warm. Stir in butter and garlic.
- 3. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and paprika in a medium shallow bowl; set aside.
- 4. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 5. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, oregano, and pepper. Top each breast half with 1 slice of prosciutto and 1 tablespoon mozzarella.
- 6. Roll up each breast half jelly-roll fashion. Dip each roll in chicken broth mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- 7. Place rolls, seam side down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining broth mixture over chicken. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until juices run clear and tops are golden.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note