Chicken Cordon Bleu
In an attempt to create something new, we sometimes forget how good the classics can be. That's the perfect reason to bring back cordon bleu in its simplest form to your table tonight.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 429
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 65g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 1.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 998mg
- Cholesterol: 178mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (8 oz. each)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked ham
- 4 ounces gruyÃ¨re cheese, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Heat oil in a large, ovenproof, nonstick frying pan. Sprinkle each chicken breast with 1/4 tsp. salt and lay in hot oil. Cook until browned on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and transfer pan to oven.
- 2. Cook chicken until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Spread each breast with 1/2 tsp. mustard. Top each with ham, then cheese, dividing evenly. Return to oven until cheese melts. Serve with a green salad.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note