Outstanding! Really easy to prepare & my picky husband took one bite & said, "this is really good," so this is definitely a recipe I will make again. Also this is a wonderful recipe to make for company! Just wonderful!
Chicken Cordon Bleu
This lightened version of Chicken Cordon Bleu remains tres délicieuse despite a modest amount of butter. Fix mashed potatoes and a side of green beans while the chicken bakes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 rolled chicken breast half)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 297
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 45.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 619mg
- Calcium: 94mg
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place broth in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 15 seconds or until warm. Stir in butter and garlic. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and paprika in a medium shallow bowl; set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, oregano, and pepper. Top each breast half with 1 slice of prosciutto and 1 tablespoon mozzarella. Roll up each breast half jelly-roll fashion. Dip each roll in chicken broth mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place rolls, seam side down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining broth mixture over chicken. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until juices run clear and tops are golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note