Chicken Cordon Bleu
"When I started cooking, Chicken Cordon Bleu was all the rage, and it’s one of those dishes that has stood up well to the test of time. This is a lighter, quicker version to make at home." —Todd English
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 1 1⁄2 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (0.7-oz.) slices Swiss cheese
- 8 very thin slices pancetta (about 2 oz.)
- Preheat broiler with oven rack 4 inches from heat. Butterfly chicken breasts by making a lengthwise cut in 1 side of each, cutting through the opposite side; unfold. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large sauté pan 5 minutes on each side or until well browned and done.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet, and spread tops with mustard. Top with Swiss cheese and pancetta. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and pancetta is crisp. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This