Chicken, Collard Greens and Sweet potato Stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breats (8 oz each)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery diced
- 1/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound(s) sweet potates peeled and diced
- 2 cup(s) coarsely chopped collard greens
- 4 cup(s) low sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cooked brown rice
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and sear until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Add onion and celery and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Deglaze with vinegar, scraping up any brown bits with a wooden spoon. Add sweet potatoes, collard greens, stock, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Shred chicken, add to pot, and cook until heated through. Stir in rice and season with salt and pepper
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CarolNaz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken, Collard Greens and Sweet potato Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews