- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole chicken breasts, split, boned, and skinned
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- 16 pearl onions, peeled
- 2/3 cup diagonally sliced carrots
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 drops hot sauce
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 16 fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 8 Holland Rusk biscuits
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a plastic or paper bag; shake to mix. Place 2 or 3 pieces of chicken in bag; shake well. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Heat 1 inch of oil to 325° in a large skillet; add chicken, and cook 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels, and set chicken aside.
- Place 1/2 cup flour in a small skillet; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until flour is browned
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over low heat; add browned flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth and wine; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 15 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Add chicken, onions, carrots, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and hot sauce to white sauce in Dutch oven; mix well. Cover, and cook over low heat 20 minutes. Add tomatoes and Brussels sprouts, mixing well. Continue cooking, covered, an additional 15 minutes. Stir in brandy, and simmer 10 minutes. Spoon chicken mixture over Holland Rusk biscuits, and garnish with chopped parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This