Chicken Coconut Curry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.5 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken breast bite-sized cubes
- 6 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh garlic chopped
- 1 can(s) lite coconut milk 14 oz
- 1 can(s) chicken broth 14 oz
- 3 whole(s) Yukon Gold Potatoes 1 inch chucks (4 cups)
- 1 cup(s) carrots sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) celery chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1. Place chicken in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon curry powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring once or twice, until mostly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- 2. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the pot and add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is starting to soften, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the remaining 5 teaspoons curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add coconut milk, broth, potatoes, carrots, celery and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and carrots are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Return the chicken to the pot and add peas. Increase heat to high and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro and brown sugar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Brewertm and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note