This recipe is a great combination of flavors. Everyone (including 1yr olds) cleaned their plates! And it really doesn't take much time to put together. I put the chicken in a crock pot all day while we were out and about, and then come dinner time I just put everything together; took about 15min. So easy and sooooooo good!
Chicken Cobbler Casserole
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 4 cups cubed sourdough rolls
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup drained and chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Toss 4 tablespoons melted butter with next 3 ingredients; set aside.
- Sauté onions in remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add mushrooms, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until bubbly. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish; top evenly with bread mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes