OMG made this with Turkey Thighs. Was it ever good. Followed the instructions exactly, using two turkey thighs. Fantastic! Making it again soon. Thinking this is about to become a regular of mine.
Chicken in Citrus Sauce
Based on a classic French recipe, the citrus sauce is also delicious with pork chops, game hens, and turkey thighs.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 chicken thighs and 1/4 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 198
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 284mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons (1/2-inch) julienne-cut orange rind
- 1 tablespoon (1/2-inch) julienne-cut grapefruit rind
- 2 teaspoons (1/2-inch) julienne-cut lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon (1/2-inch) julienne-cut lime rind
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skinned
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Drain, reserving citrus rind. Combine citrus rind, citrus juices, broth, wine, and sugar in a small bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken. Heat margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side. Add juice mixture; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet with tongs or a slotted spoon; set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine vinegar and cornstarch; stir well. Add cornstarch mixture to juice mixture in skillet; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until thickened and slightly reduced, stirring constantly. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note