I like this recipe...easy and great for leftovers. I would also suggest adding a bit more spice while cooking. The only thing I am not quite sure of is the serving size and calories. I really.really.really wish they would add a easy to measure serving size to calories. IE: 2 cups = XXX calories.
Chicken and Chorizo Paella
Photo: Kate Mathis; Styling: Paul Grimes
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 481
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Sodium: 780mg
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 ounces cooked chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and dredge in flour. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- 2. Heat remaining oil in skillet and add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add chorizo and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Stir in rice, broth, tomatoes and 1/2 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil, add chicken, cover, reduce heat to low and cook until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat, stir in peas, cover and let stand until peas are heated through, about 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This