I like this recipe...easy and great for leftovers. I would also suggest adding a bit more spice while cooking. The only thing I am not quite sure of is the serving size and calories. I really.really.really wish they would add a easy to measure serving size to calories. IE: 2 cups = XXX calories.
Chicken and Chorizo Paella
This easy version of the traditional Spanish rice dish features both chicken and chorizo sausage mixed in with the rice, peas and tomato.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 481
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Sodium: 780mg
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 ounces cooked chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and dredge in flour. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- 2. Heat remaining oil in skillet and add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add chorizo and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Stir in rice, broth, tomatoes and 1/2 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil, add chicken, cover, reduce heat to low and cook until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat, stir in peas, cover and let stand until peas are heated through, about 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note