This was yummy with a little tweaking. The burgers themselves were delicious, but we amped up the sauce using 1 part green onion, 1 part cilantro, 1 part mayo, and lime to taste. The sauce was packed with flavor, and some sliced avocado on top was the finishing touch.
Chicken-Chorizo Burgers with Avocado Mayonnaise
Randy Mayor; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 29.2g
- Carbohydrate: 39.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 735mg
- Calcium: 111mg
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, seeded
- 1/2 pound Spanish chorizo sausage (such as Usinger's)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 (6-inch) corn tortillas, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- Cooking spray
- 8 (2-ounce) onion rolls, toasted
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- To prepare mayonnaise, combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until combined. Cover and chill mayonnaise mixture.
- To prepare burgers, remove casings from sausage. Place sausage, salt, tortillas, chicken, and jalapeño in food processor; process 30 seconds or until mixture is coarsely ground. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 7 minutes on each side or until done.
- Cut rolls in half horizontally; spread 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture over top half of each roll. Place tomato slices on bottom halves of rolls; top each with 1 patty and top half of each roll.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken-Chorizo Burgers with Avocado Mayonnaise Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Sandwiches