Chicken Chop Suey
Community Recipe from
- 1 chicken breasts
- IngredientsSavings in Buckeye, AZ 85326 Change Zip
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 3 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 celery ribs with leaves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups canned bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce and brown sugar; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry onions and garlic in oil until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Add celery, mushrooms and green pepper to skillet; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove with slotted spoon to bowl. Add chicken and marinade to skillet; stir-fry for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no long pink. Return vegetables to skillet.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the bean sprouts, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice if desired.
- Nutritional Analysis:
- One serving (1-1/2 cups chop suey, calculated without rice) equals 308 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
- Originally published as Chicken Chop Suey in Light & Tasty Octob
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nsmerritt1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Chop Suey Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes