Add a bit of heat to this Mexican favorite by using pepper Jack cheese in place of regular Monterey Jack.
Yield: serves 6 to 8
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa
- Optional: lettuce leaves
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken and sauté about 3 minutes.
- Spoon chicken evenly onto tortillas. Top with cheese and green onions; fold up sides and roll up, burrito-style. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add rolled-up tortillas and sauté until golden. Serve with your choice of toppings and over lettuce leaves; if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Chimies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Main Dishes