Chicken Chili with Jalapeno Cornbread Waffles
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce
- 1 can(s) black beans
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) season salt
- 12 ounce(s) chicken breasts
- Jalapeno Cornbread Waffles
- 1/3 cup(s) white whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 4 ounce(s) buttermilk
- 8-10 slice(s) jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounce(s) frozen corn
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar free pancake syrup
- For the Chili:
- Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours, reduce heat to low, and cook on high for 4 hours. Remove chicken breasts, shred chicken with two forks, and return chicken to slow cooker. Cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- For the Waffles:
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a blender and puree until just mixed; do not over blend. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. Refrigerate batter for 10 minutes while you prepare waffle iron. Prepare waffles according to waffle iron instructions.
- Top the waffle with chili and garnish with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and additional jalapenos.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by williasl10 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note