This is another recipe I found in an old Sunset Magazine, and I just tried it a few days ago. It is very good -- easy to make and most delicious! My family really liked it.
Chicken Chili Verde Tacos
Cheryl Wong of Marina, California, takes a near-instant route to achieve the flavors of chili verde. Instead of slowly simmering the chicken in a sauce, she dresses shredded cabbage with purchased green-chili salsa, adds the quickly cooked chicken, then wraps the works in flour tortillas.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 356
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Sodium: 858mg
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- 3 cups prepared shredded cabbage
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1 cup green-chili salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1 onion (1/2 lb.), slivered lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 reduced-fat or regular flour tortillas (7 to 8 in.)
- 1. Combine cabbage, cilantro, and salsa in a serving dish; set aside.
- 2. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir oil, onion, and garlic for 2 minutes. Increase heat to high, add chicken, and stir often until meat is no longer pink in center, 4 to 6 minutes. Add cumin and oregano; stir for 15 seconds. Spoon into a serving dish.
- 3. Wrap tortillas in a cloth towel and cook in a microwave oven on full power (100 percent) until hot, about 1 1/2 minutes. At the table, spoon the cabbage and chicken mixtures into the tortillas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note