- 3 cups prepared shredded cabbage
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1 cup green-chili salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1 onion (1/2 lb.), slivered lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 reduced-fat or regular flour tortillas (7 to 8 in.)
- calories 356
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- protein 32 g
- fat 6.9 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 4.6 g
- sodium 858 mg
- cholesterol 66 mg
How to Make It
Combine cabbage, cilantro, and salsa in a serving dish; set aside.
Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir oil, onion, and garlic for 2 minutes. Increase heat to high, add chicken, and stir often until meat is no longer pink in center, 4 to 6 minutes. Add cumin and oregano; stir for 15 seconds. Spoon into a serving dish.
Wrap tortillas in a cloth towel and cook in a microwave oven on full power (100 percent) until hot, about 1 1/2 minutes. At the table, spoon the cabbage and chicken mixtures into the tortillas.