- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 medium-size red onion, diced
- 1 poblano or bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red or green jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (16-oz.) cans navy beans, drained
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle white ale
- 4 cups shredded deli-roasted chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Toppings: Lime Cream, fresh cilantro, green onions, lime wedges
How to Make It
Melt butter with oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add white onion and next 7 ingredients, and sauté 8 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic, and cook 30 seconds.
Stir in beans and beer, and cook 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add chicken and broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 30 minutes until thickened. Serve with desired toppings.
Note: We tested with Blue Moon Belgian White Wheat Ale.