- 1 (2-lb.) whole rotisserie chicken
- 2 (28-oz.) cans whole peeled plum tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
- Sour cream, for topping
How to Make It
Remove skin from chicken, and discard; shred meat to about 4 cups, and set aside.
Pulse tomatoes in a food processor until slightly crushed.
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium. Add onions and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes. Add bell peppers, salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper, and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
Increase heat to high; stir in crushed tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in chicken. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 30 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Serve with additional cilantro and sour cream.