Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
Sour cream and whipping cream are stirred into this chili, making it extra rich and creamy. Double this recipe and keep it warm for your guests in a 5-quart slow cooker.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth
- 2 (15.8-oz.) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4 1/2-oz.) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Garnish: cilantro sprigs
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken and onion. Saute 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through; set aside.
- Combine broth, beans, undrained chiles and seasonings in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add sour cream, stirring well. Top each serving with shredded cheese; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note