Chicken and Chile Hash
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 ounces ground chicken
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered (about 6 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- calories 345
- fat 18.7 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- monofat 9.8 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 21 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 259 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 607 mg
- calcium 51 mg
- Est. Added Sugars 0
- sugars 3
How to Make It
Place 2 tablespoons water and potatoes in a microwave-safe dish; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until tender. Place potatoes on a paper towel-lined plate.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, red pepper, and chicken; cook 5 minutes, stirring to crumble. Remove chicken mixture to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Add onion and poblano chile to drippings in pan; cook 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, 2 teaspoons thyme, and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Add mushroom mixture to chicken mixture.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add potatoes; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, chicken mixture, and 1 tablespoon vinegar to pan; cook 2 minutes.
Add water to a saucepan, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar. Break each egg into a custard cup, and pour each gently into pan; cook 3 minutes. Carefully remove eggs from pan using a slotted spoon.
Divide hash evenly among 4 plates; top with eggs and remaining 1 teaspoon thyme.