This was a great dish! Nice and light with a kick. Next time I will make twice as much, or possibly double the layers, it only fed my hubby and I twice.
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 347
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Carbohydrate: 33.3g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Calcium: 272mg
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (11-ounce) can tomatillos, drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine chicken, green onions, 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Place milk and next 3 ingredients (through chiles) in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Pour 1/3 cup tomatillo mixture into bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 corn tortillas in dish, and top with half of chicken mixture. Repeat layer with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture, ending with tortillas.
- Pour remaining 1 1/2 cups tomatillo mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes