- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (16-ounce) jar chunky salsa, divided
- 12 ounces (3 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package flour tortillas
- Sour cream
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Combine 1/4 cup water, taco seasoning, and oil in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; mix well. Add chicken pieces; cover or seal and chill 5 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Cook chicken and marinade in a large, hot nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Stir together 1/2 cup salsa and remaining 1/4 cup water in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish until well blended. Spread evenly over bottom of dish.
- Stir together 2 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, ricotta cheese, and next 4 ingredients. Spoon 1/3 cup cheese mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with chicken, and roll up. Place tortillas, seam side down, over salsa mixture in dish. Drizzle remaining salsa over enchiladas; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with sour cream; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note