- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 10 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 3 to 4 green onions, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 mozzarella cheese slices
- 8 onion buns, split
- Tomato slices
- Lemon Mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- Process chicken in a food processor until consistency of ground beef; spoon into a large bowl.
- Add egg and next 6 ingredients to ground chicken in bowl; stir until blended. Shape chicken mixture into 8 patties (about 6 ounces each). Chill 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cook chicken patties, in batches, in a lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until done. Top each patty with 1 cheese slice. Cover and cook 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Top bottom halves of buns with tomato slices. Spread Lemon Mayonnaise evenly on tomato slices. Top with chicken patties and lettuce, and cover with tops of buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches