Chicken & Cheddar Purses
- 1 1/4 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 3-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pimento, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 17.3-oz. pkg. frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix together all ingredients except pastry, egg and water; set aside.
- Unfold thawed pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll each sheet into a 12"x12" square. Cut six, 6"x6" squares, reserving remaining pastry for another use.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto center of each square. Bring 4 corners of pastry to center; twist slightly and press edges to seal, forming a bundle shape. Arrange bundles on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Whisk together egg and water; brush over bundles. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 25 minutes, until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken & Cheddar Purses Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Appetizers