- 3 3/4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups julienne-cut red bell pepper (about 1 large)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- calories 324
- fat 16.6 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 9.2 g
- polyfat 3.8 g
- protein 30 g
- carbohydrate 13.5 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 350 mg
- calcium 33 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and next 4 ingredients (through hot pepper sauce) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
Combine remaining 2 3/4 teaspoons cornstarch, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and chicken in a medium bowl; toss well to coat.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cashews to pan; cook 3 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add chicken mixture to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan; place in a bowl. Add bell pepper to pan; sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and ginger; cook 30 seconds. Add chicken and cornstarch mixture to pan; cook 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thick. Sprinkle with cashews and green onions.
Quick rice pilaf: Cook 1 (10-ounce) package frozen white rice (such as Birds Eye SteamFresh) according to package directions. Combine cooked rice, 2 tablespoons drained chopped water chestnuts, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.