This was an easy recipe that is so delicious when it is done. The best part is, I didn't even have the white wine. I used red instead and it was still delicious. I also used vidalia onions which really gave it a little extra sweetness. I will totally make this again, but I think I'll use chicken breast instead. I hated taking the skin off the thighs. Yuck! As another reviewer before me said, I would definitely put this on for 5 hours on Low. I did and it came out beautifully.
Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes
All you need is twenty minutes to get this dish in the slow cooker. You'll have a hearty chicken and veggie supper waiting for you when you get home. If you don't care to use the wine, you can use 1/2 cup of additional chicken broth.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 229
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 21.7g
- Carbohydrate: 20.7g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 454mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 1 3/4 cups vertically sliced onion
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 6 small round red potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 (6-ounce) bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 1. Place onion in a 6-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray; top with carrots and potatoes.
- 2. Combine broth, next 3 ingredients, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over vegetables.
- 3. Combine paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; rub over chicken. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables.
- 4. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender. Garnish with additional thyme, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note