I really enjoy this dish and have made it several times. I find it's best to make it head of time to let all the flavors soak together.
Chicken, Carrot, and Cucumber Salad
Serve this chunky salad with pita wedges or pita chips. Purchase pita chips or make your own by spraying pita wedges with cooking spray, sprinkling them with a little shredded Parmesan cheese, and baking them at 400° for about 10 minutes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 382
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Protein: 40.7g
- Carbohydrate: 31.4g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 621mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas, each cut into 8 wedges
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture; stir until combined.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of 4 plates; top each leaf with about 1 cup chicken mixture. Place 8 pita wedges on each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note