Chicken Carne Asada Tacos with Pickled Onions
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium red onion, thinly vertically sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup diced peeled avocado (about 1 avocado)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Cotija cheese
- Lime wedges (optional)
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Place onion in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; drain and plunge onion in ice water. Drain onion; add to juice mixture. Chill until ready to serve.
- 2. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken with oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned and done, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide chicken evenly among tortillas. Drain onion; divide evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons avocado and 1 tablespoon cheese; fold over. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by anderkoa and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Carne Asada Tacos with Pickled Onions Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes