Chicken Cannelloni with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce
For quick weeknight solutions, prepare and stuff cannelloni shells. Wrap tightly with wax paper; freeze until ready to serve. Let thaw in the refrigerator. Unwrap and place in a baking dish; top with your favorite supermarket pasta sauce, and bake as directed.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cannelloni or manicotti shells
- 4 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 (8-ounce) containers chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Stir together chicken and next 6 ingredients.
- Cut pasta shells lengthwise through the other side. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture into each shell, gently pressing cut sides together. Place, cut sides down, in 2 lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dishes. Pour Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce evenly over shells.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note