Chicken Cakes with Rémoulade Sauce
The cakes make terrific appetizers. Simply halve the amount of mixture, and form into 18 patties.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 medium-size red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- RÃ©moulade Sauce
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, green onions, and garlic, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together bell pepper mixture, chicken, and next 5 ingredients. Shape mixture into 8 (3 1/2-inch) patties.
- Fry 4 patties in 2 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and patties. Serve immediately with Rémoulade Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers