This recipe was very tasty and a nice variation on what to do with chicken. Followed the recipe pretty much exactly, but found that my mixture was a bit dry, so my cakes didn't stay together as well as I would have liked. Maybe I'll add a tablespoon or two of chicken stock to the mixture next time. Creole Sauce complimented it perfectly. Will be making again.
Chicken Cakes with Creole Sauce
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 123
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 12.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 1/2 medium-size red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Creole Sauce
- Sauté first 3 ingredients in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Wipe skillet clean.
- Stir together bell pepper mixture, chicken, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Shape chicken mixture into 8 (3 1/2-inch) patties. Cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Cook patties, in 2 batches, in skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve immediately with Creole Sauce.
- Calories (including 2 tablespoons Creole Sauce).
- Original recipe (including Creole Sauce): Calories 474 (75% from fat); Fat 40g (sat 8g); Chol: 104mg.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note