- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 medium-size red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Creole Sauce
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add bell pepper, onions, and garlic, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir together bell pepper mixture, chicken, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Shape chicken mixture into 8 (3 1/2-inch) patties.
Fry 4 patties in 2 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and patties. Serve immediately with Creole Sauce. Garnish, if desired.