I had so many hopes for this, but it just didn't work for me. I prepared exactly as written except that I used a different kind of pasta and a mixture of kale & collard greens as I don't like chard. To me, all this tasted like was salt,y fishy anchovy. I had hoped the anchovy with the mascarpone and herbs and spices would blend to create a great caesar flavor, but that just didn't happen. If you don't LOVE anchovies, I wouldn't recommend this dish.
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 364
- Fat: 15.6g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Sodium: 446mg
- 6 ounces uncooked farfalle pasta
- 8 cups torn Swiss chard
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson), divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 cup toasted fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 canned anchovies, drained and finely chopped
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat, and adding Swiss chard to pasta during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
- 2. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Combine 1/4 cup stock and flour. Add flour mixture and 3/4 cup stock to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mascarpone, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 450°. Combine breadcrumbs, 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, garlic, lemon rind, and anchovies. Combine tomatoes, shallots, and olive oil. Bake tomato mixture at 450° for 15 minutes. Combine the pasta, tomato mixture, and chicken mixture, and cook for 1 minute. Spoon about 1 cup pasta into each of 6 bowls; sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This