I had so many hopes for this, but it just didn't work for me. I prepared exactly as written except that I used a different kind of pasta and a mixture of kale & collard greens as I don't like chard. To me, all this tasted like was salt,y fishy anchovy. I had hoped the anchovy with the mascarpone and herbs and spices would blend to create a great caesar flavor, but that just didn't happen. If you don't LOVE anchovies, I wouldn't recommend this dish.
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
If you like mascarpone cheese, then you'll love the winning combination when this creamy cheese is paired with chicken and pasta in Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 364
- Fat: 15.6g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Sodium: 446mg
- 6 ounces uncooked farfalle pasta
- 8 cups torn Swiss chard
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson), divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 cup toasted fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 canned anchovies, drained and finely chopped
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat, and adding Swiss chard to pasta during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
- 2. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Combine 1/4 cup stock and flour. Add flour mixture and 3/4 cup stock to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mascarpone, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 450°. Combine breadcrumbs, 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, garlic, lemon rind, and anchovies. Combine tomatoes, shallots, and olive oil. Bake tomato mixture at 450° for 15 minutes. Combine the pasta, tomato mixture, and chicken mixture, and cook for 1 minute. Spoon about 1 cup pasta into each of 6 bowls; sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note