I have made with chicken breasts many times and it's always a hit. That sauce is great so I serve with mashed potatoes or polenta to use every drop.
Chicken Cacciatore "Pronto"
"I took the classic theme of chicken cacciatore (which is usually made with a whole chicken) and re-created it with a minimum of ingredients and cooking time. The result is lots of flavor from using only chicken thighs and a base layer of seasoning from dried porcini mushrooms--a perfect weeknight or 'everyday' meal." - Michael Chiarello
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 263
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 33.6g
- Carbohydrate: 11.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 5.7mg
- Sodium: 771mg
- Calcium: 31.6mg
- 1 (1/2-ounce) package dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine mushrooms and hot water in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes. Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon. Finely chop mushrooms; set aside. Strain the soaking liquid into a bowl through a sieve lined with cheesecloth or paper towels. Discard solids; reserve soaking liquid.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes or until golden, stirring constantly. Add 2 tablespoons parsley; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add chopped mushrooms; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in the reserved soaking liquid, tomatoes, broth, and water; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pan, and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Remove chicken; keep warm. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until sauce is reduced to 1 cup (about 5 minutes). Spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note