well., after braising our chicken and following the recipe to the end., i will tell you that 3hrs on low on slow cooker leaves the chicken rubbery., so we had to move it to high for the last hour.,very disappointing.are you sure 3hrs is enough???we cook at home quite a lot so our opinion is factual., very disappointed ..thought oxmoor was the best home cooked style..how do we follow your instructions in the future without any doubt
The Italian word "cacciatore" translates to "hunter" in English, referring to a dish prepared with tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions–"hunter-style."
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 361
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 32.5g
- Carbohydrate: 35.6g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 476mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (2 1/4 pounds), skinned
- 8 bone-in chicken drumsticks (1 3/4 pounds), skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, vertically sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, vertically sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole plum tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine
- Chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place chicken in a 5-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken. Place mushrooms on top of chicken.
- 2. Add garlic, onion, and bell peppers to pan; sprinkle vegetables with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring often. Add wine, scraping pan to loosen brown bits. Cook 1 minute. Stir in flour. Stir in oregano, thyme, and tomatoes.
- 3. Pour tomato mixture over mushrooms in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours or until chicken is very tender. Serve over fettuccine. Sprinkle with additional thyme, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note