Loved the flavor - I keep this recipe in particular for the "vegie" part and make it often.
Serve on a bed of spaghetti or with a short pasta like penne or cavatappi for a complete meal.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 7 Minutes
- Calories: 352
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 32.9g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 596mg
- Calcium: 128mg
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/3 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 4 chicken thighs to pan; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with 2 teaspoons olive oil and remaining chicken.
- 3. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add bell peppers, 1 cup onion, celery, rosemary, minced garlic, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms; cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in marinara sauce; cook 1 minute.
- 4. Spread vegetable mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Arrange chicken on top of the vegetable mixture. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into chicken registers 160°. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note