Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 ounce(s) dried mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 pound(s) chicken, cut up
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine, such as Muscadet or Vercicchio
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 2 cup(s) tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) allspice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme, crumbled
- salt, to taste
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon(s) parsley, chopped
- 1/2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- Put the mushrooms to soak for 1/2 hour in a cup of just enough water to cover. Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken until lightly browned on all sides. Add the onion and saute a minute or two, then splash in the wine and let it boil up. Lower the heat and add the garlic, tomato paste, and tomatoes, the soaked mushrooms and their liquid, carefully strained, and the seasonings. Cover and cook slowly for about 40 minutes, or until done. Remove bay leaves, taste and correct the salt.
- Mix together the lemon rind, minced garlic, and parsley and scatter over the top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note